(Click below for scholar profiles and links to articles and video)
- CTV News: Ukraine’s ousted leader Yanukovych calls loss of Crimea to Russia ‘a tragedy’
- YouTube: Spread of revolution to east Ukraine sent shock waves to Moscow
- YouTube: Right wing Svoboda, Yarosh, Right Sector not major players
- YouTube: Finish the business of desovietization and Europeanization
Blogs by related specialists from Ukraine and beyond
Zbigniew Wojnowski, Open Democracy: Whose Crimea is it anyway?
Halya Coynash, Human Rights in Ukraine: Right Sector’s increasing problems with credibility
Robert Pyrah, Oxford University Press blog: Western (and other) perspectives on Ukraine
Paul Goble, blog:
- No Basis for Russian Optimism about a Quick Military Victory in Ukraine, Moscow Expert Says
- Russian Occupation Puts Crimea’s Environment at Risk, Bellona Says
- Will Putin Make Crimea a Second Chechnya or a Second Tatarstan?
- Russian Nationalists Angry at What They View as Putin’s Tatarization of Crimea
Mustafa Nayem, Ukrainska Pravda: The Right Sector: An Inside View